View Single Post
Old 10-13-2006, 11:42 AM
In Memorium

15 yr Member
In Memorium

15 yr Member

Mrs D. -
sorry - its beneprotein - not benefiber! (and is made by Resouce)

Unforutnately - with gastropareiss there is damage done to vegas nerve - so stomach and intestines dont contract as necessary to push thru food - and there are ony a few medications on the market that will help with this (reglan - domperidone - propulsid) - all have bad side affects/and or are contraindicated for those with heart issues (I also have heart rythm problems and advancing cardiomyopathy - I'm hoping from the autonomic issues too - although the docs are again telling me to get tested for cardiac amyloid based on tests done a couple week ago that show priogression of cardiomypathy from a year ago)....

Fat is very diffiuclt to digest - as is fiber - thus gastroparesis goes against the norm we are taught (fresh fruits, veggies, etc. those are totally off limits) some peoplw with the disease can tolerate fish or no skin chicken - but depends on severity.... we know I need a little fat - but again - as little as possible.... (digestive enzymes dont help)

Unfortunatey - a G tube wont work because my stomch doesnt push food thru - so best case senario is J tube - and last step TPN (straight into veins) which carries even more deadly side affects - again - this is probaby for life as I've declined over 6 years - not improved.... (the Ensure actually has kept me alive again with normal blood work for 6 years - but the nausea is becoming so debiliting its hard to think straight)

I will try maybe even smaller amounts of the "powder" with different liquids as you suggested - maybe the old guts just need time to adjust? (also, appreciagte info on liquid flax oil - can you recommend where I could get on-line to try some and a good brand - I know this is your area!)

Neuropathy has much farther reaching consequences if it starts to affects other nerves I'm finding - and its scary!

BEGLET is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote