View Single Post
Old 04-02-2008, 05:14 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

Hi Kinch.

I'm so very sorry to hear about your worries, especially the lung nodule.

To me it makes pefect sense to sell your house, because it's exactly what DH and I did under similar circumstances.

There's the odd occassion where I miss not having our own home, but I have no real regrets. It was the most sensible thing to do in the circumstances.

There are advantages to leasing. For us it costs far less than our mortgage repayments did. We have no rates or repair bills to pay, and whenever we felt like a change of scenery, we simply move.

Don't forget Kinch, this is only a house that you're talking about and a house does not necessarily make a home. A home is where your heart is, where your belongings are, and where you invite your friends and family. It can be anywhere at all.

I think your DD & SIL are being very selfish. It seems they're more interested in your babysitting ability and their own gain than in your well being.

My own sister is also selfish like that. She complained very bitterly recently, and cited as one of the reasons she refuses to visit me, as being because I've set up my spare BR as a nursery for our grandson when he visits. There's no big comfy bed in there any more for her and her DH, and she was angry when she said she refuses to pay for a night's accommodation anywhere! (like we do when we go visiting).

Try not to let your family dissuade you if you make up your mind to sell. DH and I have never looked back since we made that decision. We do have a lovely home, but we don't own a house any more, and I don't know where we'd be now had we not done what we did.

I do hope your lung worries are unfounded

Koala77 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
DM (04-02-2008), kinch52 (04-02-2008)