View Single Post
Old 04-02-2008, 05:34 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

They recommended 5 implants in lower jaw with permanent bridges between. I asked for ALL implants, and they said that just wasn't necessary, it would take too long and this would work just as well. That was the pros department.

The surgeon offered no options. Said he'd remove bone from my jaw and implant immediately if necessary. That I would not feel pain from where he took it. That part is hard for me to believe since I have PN and no immune system. (Not necessarily from the PN.) That he couldn't tell definitely about the nerve until he got in and saw it. That would be what would take more time. He mentioned a $300 xray which MIGHT show him more, but he didn't recommend it. Said I might just have the extractions and implants to deal with. He just didn't know. The present xray shows the nerve very close to the implant depth, but, again, he won't know until he sees it.

I did write now all my concerns and made an appointment with the pros department. Our discussion did nothing to assure me. The department head is very much in the "power" mode and that along with talking down to some one is not a nice thing to do. I gave him my concerns, he addressed them, told me what was happening and dismissed me quickly. My drive was almost 2 hours each way. Can I put our a contract for him????

When I had the first 6 teeth extracted, I told the surgeon pretty much what your mother did. I was just under local anesthesia, and he did talk to me all through it, told me what he was doing, what else had to be done, etc.,etc. I agree that it helps speaking to them JUST before they start, and I will certainly do it again.

I'm the only one who can deal with my attitude. You've helped so much by giving me some information that they didn't. If I hadn't found you when I did, I'd probably be dealing with a stroke instead of this surgery!

If you thing of anything else relevent, please let me know. I'll keep you posted. Maybe some of this can help someone else in a similar situation.

Jon
jon is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote