View Single Post
Old 10-13-2006, 12:03 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Just a thought...

You may very well be sensitive to it.

I'm not trying to persuade you not to give it a couple of more trials. We've done many trials with many foods just to be certain we have to give them up. Some of them have been very weird things that everyone else seems fine with.

For example: ds (my sickly child - no longer sickly since on special diet) is fine with goat dairy; dd who was my 'fine child' gets leg pain, enuresis, back pain and sometimes sore throat (it took us three years to figure this out)

ds has issues with all grain if he consumes too much in the morning (esp. notable if it is something made of flour from a mill)

I just recently ate a big bowl of whole grain brown rice 'creamed cereal' and sufferred a migraine (usually a gf response for me). However, I then did the same thing with basmati rice and then again with sweet rice... no notable reaction. So, even though whole grains are supposed to be good for you, apparently they are not good for me. I'm sorely tempted to try the brown rice trial again, but honestly I'm so afraid of getting a migraine again, I might just stick to the 'white' rices.
01/02/2002 Even Small Amounts of Gluten Cause Relapse in Children With Celiac Disease (Docguide.com) 12/20/2002 The symptomatic and histologic response to a gf diet with borderline enteropathy (Docguide.com)
KimS is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote