Thread: Newbie
View Single Post
Old 04-02-2008, 07:59 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Smile Beth Ann...Bless you!

Hi Beth Ann!

Just a quick hello! Wanted to let you know I think you are great for taking such an interest in your mom's difficulties! How sweet!

It is important she have lots of support!

You will read many different tihings about Neurontin.
Neurontin was made a primarily an anticonvulsant/anti-epileptic drug. Some docs are using drugs in this class for pain control. I have heard of many people being very senstitive to drugs within this class, although not everyone. Gaining a tolerable good of pain control can be a very individual matter!

While some docs can be hesitant to prescribe the prescription pain meds, It is the only way I have had any pain relief and can function at the same time! Really...for me..morphine was so much less mentally clouding and cognitively confusing that any of the other meds! I can think clearly on it and get the best pain control I have ever had with it. That is just my story though...there are many stories and many options!

It will take time for your mom to find out just what works best for her!

Glad you have come forth to ask questioins for your Mom, especially since she cannot do so on the net! Hope to hear more!

Give one anothe a huge, gentle hug when you see one another, as you will be great friends/supports to one another throughout life!

When Moms hurt, daughters hurt! And vice versa!

Bless you!
DejaVu is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote