View Single Post
Old 04-02-2008, 09:31 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Continued healing and strength

Update on Keith..
He's continuing to gain strength and forcing himself to drink more fluids. He was showing some signs of dehydration earlier in the week. Hard to even want to drink liquids at times when there's a loss of appetite.

There is a local park that has a lot of woods and marsh area with a walking path that surrounds the water/marsh. My husband & I go there a lot to do our birdwatching. Keith asked me this afternoon if I could go there with him as he felt like doing a bit of walking and it was warmer weather.

As we entered the parking lot, we could see many birds in the trees right beside. Once we got out, discovered that they were Bluebirds that had returned from their winter migration. Keith's sounds of excitement as he looked at them through the binoculars filled my heart with joy and his too!
We got back to the marsh area only to see the bald eagle flying overhead. Following it with the camera and binoculars to it's nest in a distant tree. Keith then announced that was the first time he'd seen an eagle other than in a cage at a zoo!! Soon both parent eagles were circling overhead and both headed back to their nest.

We turned to walk back thru the woods to the parking lot, only to discover two juvenille eagles in the air further out over the trees!! Keith's joy was well worth the trip. He said that he loves nature, that it seems like a "personal connection with God". All I know is that God has truly answered the prayers of all of us with healing and holding us thru the recent chemo treatments. Hard to believe that Keith will be returning to work in only 10 days now!!!

I just had to update everyone, hadn't typed in here in a couple of days and wanted to keep you informed of how things were progressing.

Marilyn

We are friends for a reason. Sometimes we don't know why until we've been friends for a long time !!!

Take time to laugh, it's music to the soul.

Corkybird is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Blessings2You (04-03-2008), Burntmarshmallow (04-02-2008), Chemar (04-03-2008), Darlene (04-04-2008)