View Single Post
Old 04-02-2008, 10:04 PM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

yep...I asked about the veneers too. (a genetic birth defect that I have that's done weird stuff to some of my joints and tendons also gave me thin tooth enamel and very soft teeth)

My teeth are kind of ugly. It's not from not brushing, I've done a lot to try to keep my teeth looking nice, but genetics apparently didnt want me to have good looking teeth.

The dental tech told me that veneers are about $850 PER TOOTH! (eek!) She said that they usually do six of the front teeth. (bottom and top, so that's probably 12 teeth, which equals more than I can afford)

I think I'll just get my teeth whitened after I get done with some of the more important dental work...at least my teeth wont be falling apart by the time I'm done with getting everything fixed up.

I do think that finally getting this stuff taken care of is going to be a good thing. If I can get an pseudo-exacerbation just from having a few fillings replaced, I dont want to know what would happen if poor teeth health started to affect my overall health.

I neglected to have a dentist fix a couple of problems because I have a dentist phobia, and was also ticked off at my old dentist (he threw a hissy fit and a tray of instruments across the room and cussed me out when I didnt get numb immediately after he gave me the anesthetic)

Now I wish I'd just gone and found a new dentist immediately after I left the old dentist's office. I wouldnt have had all these problems this week if I had just found another dentist back then.

I wonder if some of the teeth problems are what brought the MS to the surface 2yrs ago.

I cant wait till everything in my mouth is all fixed up. Maybe then I wont have so many little pseudo-ex's.
Erin524 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote