View Single Post
Old 04-03-2008, 12:40 AM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

Hi,
Thanks. I like having you people to talk to.

I got to work at 8:00 am on 2 1/2 hours of sleep and did ok.

I think I get super stressed whenever my schedule changes, especially if it involves a morning change.
I even start getting stressed a few days before the change.
And some of this goes back to my early days of CFS. One missed day of sleep would cost me the whole next week. Now it costs me the next day or two and it still stinks --esp when I work so hard to maintain a work/sleep pattern that I can tolerate.

Hubby thought that he was helping me. I believe that.
The boss is acting super weird. Even though she is out on sick leave and being forced to retire, she is still calling my team and giving us stupid extra work to do -- and even keeping us there later or giving us stuff that results in our calling and emailing each other outside of work. Hubby is tired of her pathology and thinks that the boss should stop manipulating and mistreating me.

Perhaps he has gotten a little used to protecting and honoring my efforts to sleep and he wanted to let my colleague know that I was being unduly imposed upon -- this is what I choose to believe for now.

I see what some of you seem to be suggesting: that maybe hubby needs to talk to someone in a therapy type situation about how it is like to live with someone with bipolar. About a year ago I looked into getting him into a free study that involved a support group for family members of people with bipolar. The study was not taking people by the time I found out about them.

Maybe I will think about this some more.

Bobby, Hubby considers everything about him to be personal and off-limits for public consumption. He knows better so maybe something was bothering him. Mostly, I don't think he gets how huge is my fear about being exposed as bipolar -- at least for now. And maybe he doesn't see the sleep as connected to the bipolar.

Mari

Last edited by Mari; 04-03-2008 at 09:52 AM.