View Single Post
Old 10-13-2006, 02:05 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Thanks Gabe and lois

Thanks for the support. I don't know what I would do if it weren't for bt, this place has really kept my sanity.

The drs office phoned this morning and said that my blood test went back to UBC, this is the only place in Canada that does this type of testing. She told me it should be back in the office in a week or so. What happened to fax machines

I'm really curious about this test. They do a different test in Canada for MG. First test is called qualitative, then the next test they do is called quantitative.

When they do the testing its compared back to your first test. All you samples are kept frozen for future testing. When the test comes back borderline, like mine did its tested again and then a second sample is requested a few weeks later. I was requested to have this test, but kept being told that the dumb neuro would do it. He never did, but the MG dr I seen in Vancouver did the test again, I don't know if she refered back to my original or not. I'm almost certain that she didn't. Would seem to be my luck with drs.

Anyhow, I'm so glad that I did get some prednisone. I was wondering how long does one usually take this stuff. She only gave me 1 wks worth at 25 mgs per day. I know all the bad side effects about this drug, so I really don't want to be on it for to long, on the other hand, I sure would like to feel, some what normal. Any suggestions Thanks again, Patricia
turner is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote