View Single Post
Old 04-03-2008, 10:00 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi Mike....Back in 2002 when I had my car accident I worked in a psy. hospital where ECT was used for treating severe depression along with other acute mental disorders. ECT is not as bad as people think it is. I have seen some amazing things happen with it. Short term memory can be a problem. For some of my patients I had seen a few come out of the difficulties and then I seen some who had problems for longer periods. The good always out weight the bad in many of the patients.... truly amazing treatment for most of the patients.

One of the psychiatrist that provided ECT at the hospital I worked at suggested I try ECT back in 2002. I had gone back to work after my 12 week leave of absence and was still in so much pain. I thought about trying it but the cost would have had to come out of my pocket. At that time it was aroung 600.00 per treatment and I think it was at a good price because I worked at the hospital where it was performed. This psychiatrist told me he had read that it might help people with RSD because of the electroconvulsions it provided. Again that was back in 2002. I am sure he would be very much interested in your article. I will call him and tell him about it. Now, I am so sorry I didn't give it a try. To think of all I have been through with SCS while ECT might have been the cure.

Short term memory loss? Hmmm, my medications do that to me not to mention the lack of sleep because of the pain. That is something to think about ECT vs medication. Thanks for the information and article.
Hugs, Jewells
jewells is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
fmichael (06-27-2009)