View Single Post
Old 04-03-2008, 10:24 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Politics Drug costs rise for insured

"People with health insurance are having more trouble paying for prescription drugs as higher out-of-pocket costs for medications and a slowing economy strain family budgets, according to surveys and health care analysts."

USA Today headline for April 3rd.

I saw this in the Arizona Republic newspaper. Google USA Today for the entire article.

Record profits for drug companies during the past year or so and yet, out of pocket expenses for everyone. My copay just went up so I am one of those affected.

I had dinner with a distant relative from Toronto Canada. I asked him about his health care. He has spent many years in the United States, getting a masters degree from University of Florida. He has a doctorate in Political Science and does research. Ironically, he just did a survey on health care.

I asked him about Canada's health care system, did he feel he got sub par doctor's care? The answer was a confident "no."

I have a first cousin here in Arizona with two children. He is about to lose his house, he has a wife and two children. He has no insurance and has begun to suffer fainting and black outs.

His kids do not qualify for SCHIP because his wife works and makes just enough to not qualify for anything.

I don't care if it is Clinton or Obama this year. National Healthcare is high on my priority list. McCain supports keeping things privatized.

It is just one reason for my decision.
Aarcyn is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote