View Single Post
Old 04-03-2008, 05:41 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default You tell me..

If you don't have the slightest bit of cynisicm for MJF. I, for one, have been following his "contributions" to the "elimination of PD" for as long as he's had PD. Now, first of all I"m going to say waht I beleive , MJF I believe IS COMMITTED to tackiling PD; he has done a bang up job of collecting money for research, but I also have other opinions that MJF hasn't done damn hear anything for the "common PWP". I'm not saying that he is not giving his money to researchers, but i am seriously questioning the productivity of the people that he has chosen to lead his "war machine". What my mind's eye has seen over the years is that a ton of cash comes in, there are committees, and conferences and you name it, sponsored by the MJF millions for the benefit of bringing up the careers of certain people on his team, but I personally think that he has been unfortunate to have chosen a bunch of scientists that are more interested in putting "worked for the MJF team on PD" , and a lot of PD CURE IRRELEVANT MATERIAL into their resumes. I do, have some experience when I say such things, but I would be a fool to elaborate, they KNOW what's wrong with their "team". It is something of the things that i encountered as a research scientist in my life before PD. First MJF is running what could be compared more a private than a public funded research organization. Second they have cash , but must make very careful decisions on how to spend it and who it will go to "what i call the "smiling face factor". So far a lot of cash gets shredded by incomplete studies (a good researcher leaves because of problems with the management hierarchy style/ Another cash drain is that MJF's team is looked at as a cash cow by researchers who have managed to obtain their laurels , but have never really done anything important or useful in their careers, except their abilities to convince their peers that they are doing "something" towards the stated goal.
I say this because I believe that it's real. Us PWP are dying out here, losing a little more each day, not knowing just what goes on in the minds of so called PD researchers. A researcher is just a human being, but it would surprise you to know just how little they REALLY care about the hundreds of thousands of peopele who are slowly having the life sucked out of them by this big ugly snake called PD. To most it's just mo money and a big ego trip.
ol'cs is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
lou_lou (04-06-2008), Thelma (04-03-2008)