View Single Post
Old 10-13-2006, 04:04 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Unhappy So...another li'l gain, but that's not the...

...problem.

I was the subject of a serious @$$-chewing at my WW meeting today. A long-time member let me know in front of everyone there that I was monopolizing the meetings (although the leader had never said anything about that to me, and I would think she would have), and that, according to her, people had left because of it! WHAT THE.... I was assured by the awesome folks on the WW board I'm on that she was WAY out of line, and that I had every reason to be upset with the way she delivered her announcement.

I thanked her for letting me know, asked why she (or anyone else) hadn't said anything before, and then I left (the meeting was ending), saving my tears 'til I got home. I am usually very Teflon-like in nature about such things, having experienced a great deal of bullying as a kid and learning the hard way to shrug such things off, but the humiliation overwhelmed me. It really hurt.

The WW board was very sweet and validated everything I felt, and my mom said similar things. I feel somewhat better now, but I really think it was an ego trip for her to do that, and she's probably quite jealous, although she hasn't had to lose as much and is actually smaller. I realized a few times before that my excitement over the program and the results I have seen over the past nearly-14 months are influencing my ability to contain my enthusiasm and excitement, but am I right to think she should have said something to the leader or taken me aside and told me, rather than taking me down in front of everyone?? How do you think I should deal with her at future meetings? I don't think she has any clue how I feel, because I was still trying to collect myself when I left. Thoughts?

LIZARD, still wounded, but recovering

Last edited by LIZARD; 10-14-2006 at 12:42 PM.
LIZARD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote