Thread: Tramadol
View Single Post
Old 04-04-2008, 08:20 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathi49 View Post

The thing is; I was on handfuls of meds a few years ago before any fusions. I was soooooo sick from all of them. For some reason, or so they say, I am just hypersensitive to a lot of them. And my stomach is or was so ripped up from years of various meds that I just don't want to revisit that again.
The thing with drugs is that they usually have effects on the body, sometimes good, sometimes bad, sometimes both.
If a drug has the ability to affect you in a good way, then it must also have the potential to affect you in a bad way. They can be very powerful agents.
And we all differ in our reactions to them, so there is no clear cut method for doctors to follow to alleviate pain in all patients.
A lot of trial and error, unfortunately.
Whoever designs an effective pain relief with minimal downsides will make a fortune. It is so sorely needed.
A lot of people also refuse to take any drugs, and try to battle on as if that was the 'right' thing to do. I'm sure they wouldn't deny proper treatment to their child or other loved one, but for themselves it's a no. Can't really understand it.
Some like us though have realised that to live we have to have some relief.
Now you have to find the drug and concentration that works for you. Hopefully you are almost there.
My daughter also has extreme drug sensitivity, and tries them at about 1/6 strength or so.
How did you get on with the pain doc, Kathie?
Peter B is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote