View Single Post
Old 04-04-2008, 08:57 AM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Aww, thanks you guys.

Abbey, yes Bruna has had 2 dentals since getting out of the puppy mill and 1 of those was right before I got her. But you're right, I'm going to take her to my vet and have her teeth checked out some more. Maybe she has a bad tooth or who knows.

I also found some recipes for dog biscuits that look like she might like them. One of them includes fresh parsley and mint in it. And one has some kind of type of charcoal added to it in a small amount, though I'm not so sure about that!

Vowel Lady, yes for sure doxies are one of the most difficult breeds to train! She won't even use a puppy pad! That's what my daughter does with her mini dox, Otto. He uses puppy pads in one area of the house.

She will go on paper but in general she has just gone wherever she darn well pleases.

But I know this is my responsibility. I'm the one who has to take the time to figure out her potty schedule and try to work with that. Doxies should have poopy duty anywhere from 5 minutes to an hour after they eat. But I haven't felt inclined to be outside with her for an hour in the morning, LOL!

Last night I stood out in the misting rain for almost an entire hour waiting for her to go before bed! We were both shivering and there was no reward. Put her in bed, went to brush my teeth, came back and she had soaked my pillow with pee.

I was SO tired and that didn't sit well with me but I didn't yell or chastise. Training is hard enough but I suspect since she's only known a tiny cage all her life that it's difficult for her to understand the concept of going outside for poop patrol.

Bruna - rescued from a Missouri puppy mill
Doody is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote