View Single Post
Old 04-04-2008, 03:03 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

First of all, hi everyone, it's been a long time since I've posted. Been too busy.
Now, to add my little 2 cents worth on the weight issue. I'm on Mestinon only, have had only the weight gain that comes with advancing age and general decrepitness! But I've been able to take off about 30 pounds. Most of that began to come off months ago when i realized i was gluten sensitive. My weight loss eventually stopped, and then started a slow creep upward again. Within the last couple of weeks I've been trying to get a handle on that, and I think I've got it turned around. One of the foods that had been my favorite for eating out, I finally realized was probably glutening me through cross contamination. So I cut that out. I've also added in an exercise routine using a video I've had for years called Callanetics. I definitely have to go at my own pace, and cannot do as many repetitions as the video calls for, but I've been able to manage it so far because the regime calls for slow stretching type exercises, and very gentle movements. Just the thing for this aging myasthenic.
Hugs to all
Lois