View Single Post
Old 09-01-2006, 11:08 AM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Default Melody, I believe those are called something...

like 'spoonerisms', malapropisms, no matter. Still very, verry good!
As for being the only one to 'do stuff' - you aren't alone..

Last mo. went to neuro-opth. [He'd moved], and I WENT to where I thought I'd seen on the address change card...NOOOOOO wrong block #, and worse, the Address was the same as the building in front of it.. Only got there 1 hour late. [I was told later by a staffer that THAT was GOOD!?] An older lady who saw the doc before me, was standing outside looking for her "ride service"..they'd disappeared. So, I asked her, I can take you, IF you don't mind a crazy PN'ed driver...She accepted [it was in mid-90's and she's recovering from a stroke]. I took her & she's asked me to Lunch in her senior home. I believe she want's people to 'wonder' who I am. That's cool! As long as I can drive, I'm gonna try to help others.

No MELODY! YOU ARE NOT THE ONLY ONE HELPING. Each little thing, or bit, each of us does ADDS UP. And that's not any form of formal 'volunteering' - it's being human to other humans. It's not the sun that brings light to life, it's the sun in the spirit!

Hey! I used to work in a place that allowed off for all religious holidays- One lady was a Bhuddist, Catholic, & married to a Jewish gentleman. Boy! Did she cash IN! Good thoughts to all! - j
dahlek is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote