View Single Post
Old 04-04-2008, 05:41 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Default Yes there are many things to do?

But, this is ONE time to not forget LARGE QUANTITIES OF WATER! All the oils and gel-like stuffs and fibres won't work for diddley if you don't have a bit or a lot of extra water to help 'loosen' things up. YOu will have to find the balance here.
I speak from experience....the hard way [bad pun, can't help it?] In that w/my PN onset I was totally stopped up for WEEKS. It is a symptom of my diagnosis [tho after the fact - gee thanks-NOW ya tell me?]
Colace, peri-colace are pretty gentle PLUS water, and lite foods, broths lite soups etc until things happen have worked for me in the long run. And, they do take TIME. BUT this is not something you can force. Even tho you feel you mite explode? As long as gas is coming out, the rest will come when 'ready'. To over-work at it only adds stress to you. Soo tell yourself, if you've got gas? IT's good!? I've not exploded yet.
Everyone has given you good advice and each set of suggestions is definitely worth a try. The oil and warm water ones have helped me at times, so do your own trial/error experiment and go for it? HUGS - j
dahlek is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote