View Single Post
Old 04-05-2008, 08:23 AM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riverwild View Post
stops in and drops a few thin boards with common pins sticking up out of them for EM's walking pleasure...

I'm having a pins and needles day already and I think I need someone else to have one with me!
Perfect! After he walks across your boards he can put on four pair of wool socks and a pair of boots that are 2 sizes too small and go grocery shopping! Without the list, of course, it's forgotten at home with the handful of coupons he so carefully went through.

After driving past the grocery store twice - btw he's been there umpteen million times - he finally gets it right and pulls in the parking lot.

Of course, the ONE handicapped space in the entire lot is taken so he parks oh about twent spaces away from the door - on a hill pointing straight down.
After his door closes on his leg twice he finally gets the strength to push it open with his foot (which he cannot feel) and struggle out.

Once in the store he cannot remember one thing on the list so just cruises around putting random things in the cart - none of which will make a complete meal.

Great deal on dog food.......he saved $2.00 on the large bag. Too bad - he has a cat.

All finished - pushing the cart to the car. Have to hold on tight - parked on a hill, remember?

No cart return anywhere in sight - should he just leave it there to roll down the hill or try to push it back up the hill? Leaves the cart behind the car to go start the engine and cool the inside off before going home. Totally forgets the cart behind the car - leaves but takes a look in the rearview mirror - WHO would have left a cart in the middle of the parking lot like that? Stupid people......no respect for others. Glad I'm not like that he thinks.

Get's home - takes mail out of mailbox - get's an interesting card from a friend - goes inside forgetting the groceries in the truck (including ice cream and milk). Fixes a glass of sweet tea and relaxes - only too happy to remove the too small shoes and wool socks. Ahhhhh......time for a nap.

Later.....looking for snacks - starts a grocery list (again) because there is nothing in the house to eat!!!
These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
Kitty is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote