View Single Post
Old 10-13-2006, 07:56 PM
Gromlily

Gromlily

Default You bet,

I am with Wittesea about something that shows you have an injury. I wear a soft cervical collar when I ride in the car because car rides for me are like a roller coaster ride in the sense that the slightest turn or a quick stop feels like major G forces!! I used to take it off when I would get to where I was going until someone came up from behind me and gave me a bear hug around my neck and put me into a week long flair!!

I have also told people at my local shopping haunts about TOS and how it has affected me. They know me as I have lived here all my life,and they have always been more than happy to help. I live in a small town though, so that's a little different than places where the clerks are someone different each time you go.

I have thought about getting a sweat shirt or tee shirt that said something like " I look fine but am broken so please give me a wide berth!!" Funny, but I saw some like that on the "Butyoudon'tlooksick.org" site!! I may order one!!

I also use a "moshi" cylinder shaped pillow when I ride in the car behind my neck and one under each elbow. They are awesome!! I sleep with one too. I must have 10 of them at least as they were on sale at ROSS awhile back for $5.00 each. When I first got them they were at Sharper Image for alot more money than that!!

I have an adjustable tempur pedic bed that makes all the difference in the world. I just got it and have NEVER slept better!!

I also use a " bookchair " or "sliding board" to hold my books as holding them causes my fore arms to cramp and swell.

Then, there is Dragon Naturally Speaking for voice activated typing that is sometimes tedious, but it helps me to be on the computer.

Hmmmm. That's all I can think of off the top of my head. If I come up with anything else I'll be back !!

G~
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote