View Single Post
Old 04-05-2008, 04:43 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Kimmydawn,

OMG! And oh he@@ no don't let a Chiro touch your neck at all! I am sorry if I am so abrupt but it never ceases to amaze me when people have Chiro's adjust their necks. That is something you NEVER, EVER want to do!!! Hey, I have been through this cervical spine stuff for 8 years now and also have no curve in my cervical spine either. I do have two fusions though. I tried traction too in the very beginning. Bad move and bad mistake! All it did was to create more pain and more spasms. Oh, boy, if my PM could read this thread he would be blasting away about ANY form of manipulations. If anything, get thyself to a GOOD SPINAL pain management doctor. They can at least help you maybe through injections and with muscle relaxers, etc. THEN you could perhaps go into rehab or PT of a sort to help with your neck. My point is really...until you know PRECISELY what might be going on besides no curve, don't do anything that might aggravate it and that includes PT. If it is just muscular in nature then the PM can tell you as much. In the meantime yes of course watch the posture, etc. And even wearing a soft collar could help with spasms. It might help too if you go over to Braintalk and post this same message. There are plenty of seasoned veterans over there that could tell you the same thing I just did. Just NO MANIPULATIONS until you KNOW EXACTLY what is going on. I do agree with massage therapy as long as it is light. That is something else that the docs have warned me about....just to go very, very easy.
Kathi49 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote