View Single Post
Old 04-05-2008, 04:53 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

The lump should go away with time. Just remember...they had to push everything aside to get at the spine. I don't know if you guys have watched the video on that but if you did, you would see the retractors they use! Sometimes I will have spasms...especially in the summer and I will feel like I am being choked. But it also depends if I have overdone it or not. I will just put it this way. My NS said I would FOREVER feel something weird LOL! And yes, it can be painful at times. But I do NOT regret the surgeries either. I was in horrific pain before either one of them. So, the spasms I can deal with; either get injections from another irritated nerve root or just take a Valium on occasion. So far so good and no domino effects yet either. Just hang in there and I think you will find (because it can take up to a year), that the lump feeling should go away. And, yes, your doc is right...you are NOT feeling the plate. I said the same thing after both my surgeries...but it is not the plate at all.
Kathi49 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
firecaptn (12-01-2010)