View Single Post
Old 04-05-2008, 07:09 PM
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
Post Augie Nieto meets famed British physicist Stephen Hawking Thursday at Cal Tech

Great encounter: OC exercise industry legend Augie Nieto meets famed British physicist Stephen Hawking Thursday at Cal Tech. Both men are pushing the boundaries of technology as they cope with ALS (Lou Gehrig's Disease). Hawking uses a voice program called NeoSpeech that Nieto wants to offer through a company he is setting up-Speak up ALS will provide communication tools to ALS victims regardless of their ability to pay. "The software that I am using to write this e-mail with my foot is available to anyone. No one knows about it. I can type 55 words a minute," Nieto messaged from his boat off Puerto Vallarta, where he was vacationing with his family. Meanwhile, Augie's Quest has passed the $14 million mark in funds raised for ALS research. Nieto is working on a second book, too, featuring interviews with Starbucks' Howard Schultz, Intuit founder Scott Cook, Lakers great Magic Johnson and other VIPs. And John "Five for Fighting" Ondrasik has a song about Augie on his next album ...

http://www.ocbj.com/industry_article...09751.387169.9...

ALS/MND Registry

BobbyB is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote