View Single Post
Old 04-06-2008, 12:41 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Heart

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathyM View Post
I'm rarely ever able to get out to see God, so I have to rely on hearing God. My favorite form of connection has always been to watch the sunrise over Lake Michigan, followed by a walk in the woods. Now I just watch my "house" rise (dark to light) as I listen to the birds come to life, starting with the robbins. I like to spend a little quiet time of reflection, gratitude for the gift of life, and prayers for strength and whatever resources I need to make it through another day.

This morning the birds put on a beautiful concert for me as the sun rose. When it was over, I turned on my radio - just as the song "Sunshine" by John Denver began to play.

That song has a very special meaning to me. I can close my eyes and remember how beautiful sunshine looks on the water, and how it can warm painful shoulders. I can think back on my days having "fun in the sun" in my youth. I can think about the people I care about and wish them my very best.

It also brings me back to a single day when I was a teenager, with my best friend who was diagnosed with Hodgkin's disease at the age of 24 and died at the age of 26.

We were 16 years old. Both of us saved up our money and bought guitars. I thought I was pretty good because I learned all the chords quickly. I went to my friend's house, and she wanted to show me what she had learned. That song (Sunshine) came on the radio. She picked up her guitar and started picking and strumming to the song. I was amazed at her talent - it's just not something you learn in a book.

When the song was over, we hopped on our bikes and headed out to the woods to meet up with some friends. It was a beautiful day.

This morning made my heart smile. Didn't see Him, but I heard him.
((((((((KathyM)))))))))) Thank you for sharing this story. It truly touched my heart! God is in everything...and in this post....I felt His love and yours! Blessings to you sweetie!
recluse1
recluse1 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Abbie (04-07-2008), Burntmarshmallow (04-06-2008), Chemar (04-06-2008), DM (04-11-2008), Friend2U (04-06-2008), Jappy (04-08-2008), southie (09-26-2008)