View Single Post
Old 04-06-2008, 09:03 AM
Elder Member

15 yr Member
Elder Member

15 yr Member
Default GReater Occipital Nerve Injection Anyone???

Hello my name is Frank and I have MS. I never suffered from headaches till the last 6 or 7 yrs now.

My neuro keeps saying these migraines are not related to the MS, yet the spinal lesions he now says can cause severe headaches, any insight on this would be welcomed.

As it is he finally agrees the MS could be the cause, yet at same time wants to send me for this Occipital nerve injection to treat occipital neuralgia, is this the ON's I always hear about? or is this something diff? confused is an understatement,

Each time I get these nasty headaches I also have an MS relapse, so this is what bothers me why stick and poke me if its the MS, even in my cog fog thats a no brainer, or has anyone else gone through the same thing I am going through, and can relate or can shed some light on this for me

It seems to me he is covering both exits just incase, and I'll be honest the thought of this injection does not put a smile on my face, I have had 4 LP and thats pretty much what this amounts to, but in the back of the head, and the steroids have actually helped eased the headaches somewhat this relapse, so I am going to hold off unless it worsens but I would appreciate any info anyone has

again thank you

History doesn't repeat itself, but it does rhyme.............................Mark Twain

weegot5kiz is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote