View Single Post
Old 04-06-2008, 09:15 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Heart Hang in....

Hi Julie,

I am sorry you are having a diffiuclt time.

The issue going on re: the "scouts" seems very odd and "unnecessary" trouble form parents/the entire experience. I am sorry this has occurred and hope this can be remedied...or you can be relieved of associated stress.

When we are struggling with illness, it can be so much more difficult to deal with the stress involved in interpersonal relationships! (This is especially so if we feel/perceive other to be unreasonable at the time.)

Additionally, I have found, after struggling with illness and trying to simply get through... day-by-day...I have a very different viewpoint than many about what is "important" and what is "reasonable." While many have the "luxury" of knit-picking and creating unecessary "battles/conflict," many with chronic illnesses do not have those "luxuries!" We learn we cannot engage in any unecessary stress actitivites.. without often paying a very high price.

I am glad you have chosen to be candid about the alcohol consumption, since you feel it is creating a problem for you...within your treatment.
You had mentioned the term "embarassing." I am glad you are addressing this openly. You know...people simply try to find ways to cope. None of us always make the very best of choices! Sometime, we discover this later on!

Yet, we can go back to the drawing board and we can "choose again!"
That is excellent news! We can make new choices every single day! Or..even every single hour, if we feel we need to do so!

We all have to make choices about how to handle stress. It is vital! It is especialy vital when we are often already stressed to the max in trying to cope with illness(es) and all that can bring into our lives in a not so helpful, stressful way.

I hope you will find the support and any extra helpful information here...or will be shown where/how to find all of whatever you decide you need!

I think you have taekn an important step in reching out and in being open and honest!

Join in at any of the forums and you will find some of the support, information, advice and resources that may help you very much!

I can feel your strength in your post...and your desire to get a few things "back in order!" This is a powerful desire and you can make this happen!

Hope to see you around here!
DejaVu is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
AfterMyNap (04-07-2008)