View Single Post
Old 09-01-2006, 11:35 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Thanks Tracie and Tamie! My biggest thing was I got Chloe's w/c today and I can't lift it! I can but it is heavy(alot heavier than when I tested it when we were fitting her weeks ago, for some reason)plus we're going to be planning for another baby in the future and I cannot be lifting that when I am pregnant. I think I might just get a ramp for the actual chair for now and then in 3yrs when this van is paid off we will get a bigger more handicap accessible van. I don't have a problem lifting Chloe in and out, it is just the w/c. Alot heavier than I thought. It breaks down though but that is just a pain to take everything apart. I like for Chloe to use it more because she sits well in it and it keeps all of her in there snug unlike the jogging stroller we have for her. Anyway, thanks for your help. Any suggestions for ramps?? I am looking at this 6' telescoping wheelchair track ramp on ebay. They look nice but not sure if the platform type or track type is better. THanks again!!
Kori, mom to Chloe(2/16/01) born 6wks early due to right kidney hydronephrosis, left kidney non-functional, found to have congenital abnormalities such as large birthmark on forehead, cleft lip, hypoplastic nails, cortical atrophy of brain, myoclonic and complex partial seizures. Big sister to Averi(3/10/04)
chloaver is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote