View Single Post
Old 04-06-2008, 01:10 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default scary

What effects are you experiencing? Please elaborate so those of us trying this stuff can compare notes. I don't have PD but my husband does and he won't let me take Zandopa to see if that's what's in it. I'm grateful to not be the white rat on this, but I also want to know if aspartame is in Zandopa because I believe the stuff is a toxin, for everyone.

I am allergic to aspartame and some of my immediate reactions to it (as in less than 10 minutes) are: horrendous headache (lasts for hours, even consuming massive quantities of aspirin only takes the edge off), vomiting, and diarrhea (sorry, but true). I have read that some people also have vision problems, but I have not experienced that. I have also read that one of the by-products of the body's metabolizing asparatame is formaldahyde. I guess this stuff got approved because the amounts of bad by-products is small, but when you consider that aspartame is in practically EVERYTHING, depending on how much of those products you eat, it can really add up.

We read labels so carefully in my family because this stuff is in everything, even old classics like Wrigley's Juicy Fruit gum. Maybe Zandopa doesn't have to disclose what's in that "flavored base" because it is not made in the US and therefore not subject to our FDA labeling laws? Anyone know anything about that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by reverett123 View Post
Does anyone know what zandopa's "flavored base" is? It is sweet and makes up 1 g of a 7.5 g dose. And nowhere do they say what it is. Given that they are a division of one of India's biggest chemical companies and some effects I am experiencing, I begin to suspect something other than sugar. Aspartame?
lurkingforacure is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote