View Single Post
Old 04-06-2008, 07:48 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Default Big Toe Nail infection?

Ok so right before X-mas I went to get a pedicure. Not my usual place but it was the holidays and I was rushed.

That woman dug deep and I thought did a good job. And after that since we went back east and it was cold I wore a lot of boots once in particular where my toes are a little jammed up at the front of the boot. But hey they look good

But within the last couple of months the left big toe nail stopped growing. The skin around it from the side to the bottom was sore and puffy.

Fast forward to this weekend. I went back to my usual palce for a pedicure before vacation and my gal said 1. it looked like I had a ingrown toe nail. 2. She did not see a fungal infection but she coudl see that the skin around was sore and pffy and unlike the other normal toe where you could see the edges and the cuticle here you could not.

So she cleaned up the ingrown toe. And told me to treat with Neosporin for 2 months twice a day or tree tea oil.

Any other suggestions anyone? I dont really want to see a podriatrist but will if necessary. It is better after the ingrown toenail was fixed.

Thanks
Shelley
watsonsh is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote