View Single Post
Old 04-06-2008, 07:58 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default agree with Kathi

Hi

I have been active in the TOS forum as I have been diagnosed with bilateral TOS and recently had surgery on the right side which no doubt conirmed it. All nerve roots were compressed. I am having a rough time recovering and things are not going well for me.

I saw a chiro who thought he could "cure me". He still thinks he can. All he wanted to do was spinal adjustments and he didn't look at any tests or order any. He adjusted my neck a few times and OH MY IT HURT! He said "I was stuck". My problems just kept getting worse and I started having dizziness and ringing in the ears along with everything else. I stopped going to the Chiro and ended up having the surgery.

I also had cervical spine issues but nobody gave it much weight. My symptoms were so severe and they thought it was all due to TOS. Well now I still have the same symptoms and then some. I've been worse than I was. I have such bad headaches that I can't open my eyes. I can't even sit up anymore. I feel like my head is way to heavy for my body. My neck (spine) just BURNS and I feel like throwing up because it hurts so bad. I have numbness and tingling down arms and left leg. I have trouble now going to the bathroom, trouble walking, and my thumbs are killing me. That's a few the worst symptoms. I can't stand it!

I was sent for another MRI Thursday night and I almost couldn't handle it. It took forever because they couldn't get me comfortable (still sore from TOS surgery) then to top everything off....the machine broke and they told me to lay still til they fixed it..YEAH RIGHT! It took them 30 min! What a night. by the time I was done I was SICK!

Anyways...I have no curve at all. I have spondylosis, disc herniation C4-C6, degenerative hypertrophy and they are still looking to see how severe this all is as to whether I will need surgery. There were signs of all this on 2 previous MRI's but it has been getting worse. I don't know why. Everyone keeps asking me what's wrong with me and why is this happening. I truly don't get it.

I am scared and I dont know if I can withstand another surgery. I'd like to hear and learn more about spinal fusion surgery. I believe I need to prepare myself for this. I cry every day when I look at my neck from the TOS surgery and it is so painful. I just don't know if I will have any other choices at this point. I am on so much meds and it doesn't work.

I have been told none of this is "normal" ok...why and no what?

Good night all

Wishing I could think more positive and be well again!
momzpeachy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote