View Single Post
Old 04-06-2008, 08:03 PM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

I Just wanted to give my little contribution to this discussion.

And, thankfully, it involves NO DRUGS, no prunes, no nothing. I happened upon it quite by accident and even though I have posted this elsewhere, since this is a thread on constipation, and stool softeners and the like, I just wanted to make sure all of you know about this alternative.

What is this miracle of science that works in 5 minutes and let's you have a bowel movement without straining????

The HOMEDICS SHIATSU MASSAGE THINGEEE that I have on my computer chair.

Here's how I found out about it

I was walking a few blocks from my home and they were selling a Constipation Chair for $269.00. There was this big chart on the wall saying all the benefits of sitting in the chair.

I gathered that the chair moved "down there", or rocked you or whatever it did. Somebody also called it a hula chair and she walked over to me and said 'this is the one from tv". Well, I have never seen one on tv but I said to myself $269.00 for a chair (it looked exactly like my computer chair by the way.

I just did a search for Hula Chair on youtube and you can see exactly how it works.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ywJN2rcpEUw

So I went home and looked at the massage thing from Homedics that we had just bought from GNC for $89.99 and I said 'give this a try". It doesn't make your bottom go round and round like the Hula Chair does, but it does the trick, believe me.

I had already gone to the bathroom, BUT it was one of those days when you know you have more in you, but you don't want to spend another hour just sitting on the toilet bowl.

So I figured "kill two birds with one stone" Go on the computer and get your bowels up and running".

So I sat in the chair, turned on the power button, selected "lower back", and there is an option to keep it in one place (it normally goes up and down the back WHICH I DO NOT LIKE".

So there i was, the thing was doing its rolling thing on my lower spine. About 5 minutes passed and all of a sudden, I jumped up and I ran to the bathroom.

I could not believe it. No straining, no nothing.

I have been doing that ever since.

I usually go after morning coffee but sometimes you don't go ALL AT ONCE, and when that happens, I sit in the chair, switch it on, it does it thing, and I'm a happy camper.

I have no idea if this would work for all of you but believe me, if I had not seen that stupid constipation chair sign over the hula chair for $269.00 a few blocks from my house, i would have never known to sit in my own version of it.

Glory Be, the darn thing works.

So if you have tried everything, and you can afford it, (maybe you can test it out or something). My GNC has a model all rigged up and people sit down and love the way it goes up and down the spine.

I was in NYC the other day and there was a GNC next to Beth Israel Hospital.

I walked in and sure enough there was my Homedics thingee on some chair and I laughed and I went over to the guy behind the counter and said "you think this thing is only good for massaging the back??" and he said 'why, what else is it good for??"

Well, when I started to explain WHAT ELSE IT DOES, they were laughing all over the place and the girl said "wow, that makes sense, it stimulates the lower portion of the body". and I said 'EVERY TIME!!!

I'm telling you, if anybody has any of these massage things on any of your chairs, set it to stay on your lower back and see what happens.

Just wanted to share.

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote