View Single Post
Old 04-07-2008, 07:53 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATallOne View Post
Your comment about RA in younger folks "is quite common" surprised me. I totally agree. However, those who surround me on a daily basis (friends, family) are having a hard time believing that RA attacks anyone under the age of 70. Go figure. Therefore it is a little harder for me to make them understand that there are days when I just feel triple discomfort and it is not always directly related to RSD.

If I hear "But your so young" one more time!!!!!!

Take Care and Chin Up!!!!! Mark
So many people totally get Rheumatoid Arthritis confused with Osteoarthritis. They hear the “arthritis" part and draw their own conclusions. As if I don’t have enough, try to educate people about RSD! The quick explanation I use is that Osteoarthritis is essentially joints worn out or damaged and, yes, it usually happens late in life. Rheumatoid, on the other hand, is more of a system-wide disease and is thought by some to be genetic. So, it could be part of our basic DNA and therefore could show it’s ugly head at anytime.

You are right. Is “you’re so young” supposed to make you feel better???

I will let you know how the new treatment works. I am going on a business trip next week and don’t want to start anything new until I get back.

Take care,

Mike
bassman is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote