View Single Post
Old 04-07-2008, 09:15 AM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Default My B-12 Level is 2000

I had a blood test last Wednesday. I had stopped the B-12 for five days before that blood test.

I went for the blood test because when I went to Cornell about 10 days ago, I told them I was taking Potassium supplements and they made me feel OH SO MUCH BETTER!!!

Well, the doctor said "you can't take potassium, you are on an ace inhibitor (zestril), which they raised me from 20 to 40 because my pressure was up and I'm in a pressure control experiment protocol and I've been under SUCH stress.

So I said "Okay, I'll stop the potassium and they give blood tests every wednesday". This was the friday before.

So I stopped all potassium and all B-12 that Friday.

The following Wednesday I went for the blood work.

This morning which is Monday, I got the results over the phone.

I said "what's my potassium?" and they said 3.9 (that's fine, right). I guess I can't take any more potassium though???

But she said Your B-12 is very high. It's too high, it's 2000.

I said 'It's supposed to be 2000, I take Vitamin B12 as a supplement because I have diabetic neuropathy and it stops the burning".

I could hear the nurse yelling in the background 'Tell her her B-12 is TOO HIGH!!!!!

So I said: "Calm down, calm down, it's supposed to be that".

So, my dear friends, what do I do when and if the doctor calls and they try and make me stop the b-12. I have no idea if they will eve consider doing this. But from the yelling in the background, you would have thought i had some HORRIBLE disease.

I know it stops my burning. I have no intention of stopping this.

Any comments would be most welcome.

Thanks much.

Oh, my A1c was 6.6 . When I started Cornell, my A1c was 9.0.

So i'm doing fine as far as I'm concerned in the diabetes department. lol

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote