View Single Post
Old 04-07-2008, 12:25 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim0918 View Post
I don't know if it the same as some of you describe but my right foot is turned inward and rotated to where I walk mostly on the outer edges of it. I have right sided PD. This has progressed to where I have what is called a tailor's bunion as the old time tailors would sit on their stools and turn the foot under them. It has become very painful, my foot is deformed and it has progressed to where I now have pain in the tarsals or larger bones of my foot due to my weight being carried on the edges of my foot. I have been to a podiatrist with no recommendations because it was said that this would simply recurr as PD progressses that he was not aware of any treatment.
I wear out the sides of my shoes before the bottoms!!! I don't get spasms, it's just always turned inwards, oh well..
Hi Jim,

I'm probably lucky that I don't do that as much anymore, but my foot still wants to turn in anyway which is really painful. I think the right foot wants to go in but it can't due to surgery I had many years ago.

Let me explain... I was born with a clubbed right foot, which is on the same side of my PD. The foot was surgically corrected twice. The first being in 1962as I was the second person in the world to have the heal cord lengthening, and the youngest person at 8-months to have it done. After that, I had a metatarsal osteotomy done to straighten the foot in 1982. This involved breaking the metatarsal bones and taking pieces of bone from my shin to fill in the gaps.

All was well until the PD started with the spasms again. As a result, my second toe pushes over the big toe and the rest of the foot tries to turn in. My left foot turns in when the cramps hit.

John
jcitron is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote