Thread: Pain Clinic
View Single Post
Old 04-07-2008, 03:07 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Default It is sounding more and more like....

a 'spinal issue'? But that doesn't make it any easier to diagnose...
That he might be getting anywhere in diagnosis isn't helping your husband NOW tho. And tell him that YES! Depression does come with this territory? !! It's HOW the individual DEALS with it that is critical to how they can or might get better tho. THAT is plain old common sense. You Hurt! You Can't DO what you used to and you take 'pills' to help and you STILL HURT! You find you are able to do less and LESS as this hurt continues and you still hurt! WHAT? I ask you, is there not to be depressed about?
Pain pills don't help, they only constipate you and you find you have trouble even getting outta the bed to go to the 'loo'?
My neuro asks me about 'depression' all the time. I always reply: IF I weren't depressed, THAT would be abnormal! DUH! CITY!
IF from what I've read of your posts, I were your hubby? I would persue that spinal testing route thru the wazoo! Why? It sure sounding like it from what you've said. I'm no doc, but I, must admit, that given my life and activities? I SHOULD have spinal issues and that ZERO, ZIP and ZILCH has shown up in that quarter to connect to my neuropathies. I am always amazed by this as I've had more than one serious 'fall' from a horse onto ground the equivalent of concrete and other than bruises, muscle sprains, and concussions have always come out 'intact'. I've never figured that one out.
BUT you look at Billye's posts [Silverlady] and her lengthy stint on steroids and see what the toll on the bones and spine is there, and ....well... a whole different set of things come into play. All said? We each are different.
All I can say is that I know BOTH back muscle pains and neuropathy pains. There really are times when I can honestly say I'm not sure which is worse? But, the short term - back pains lots can be done. Long term and short term? PN pain not a heck of a lot! Sooo, common sense dictates go check out the back pain aspects then work your way up/down the food chain as needed? Hopefully you won't have to? HUGS and hopes! Truly! - j
dahlek is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote