View Single Post
Old 04-07-2008, 04:11 PM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Red face since when

do manicure technicians fix ingrown toenails?

Pour some hydrogen peroxide antiseptic 3% over your nail...does it bubble up?

People who wear tight shoes, compress the toenail, and it can cause the bone underneath to make a spur. Then with further tight situations, this spur stabs upwards, and causes great problems. Being in a job with 13 hr days for decades on my feet I have had many foot issues. An Xray will show this. Last time my toe flared up, I thought I had an infection, went to the podiatrist, and bingo..there was this nasty spur. She wanted to remove my nail. FOREVER. Well, I couldn't part with it LOL and kept it, and just bought wide shoes from then on. It never happened again.

But you know a poor hygiene manicure can introduce crap for you to deal with later. Even podiatrists can do this to you. I had an ingrown nail and went to a podiatrist and he insisted on foot baths (after the second one I caught on that this was a billing fraud to insurance and left). But both of my big toes got plantar's warts under the nails from HIM. I cured them myself, (long story),
but I am always very vigilant about anyone working on MY FEET now.

So Shelley you could have an infection there, bacterial, fungal, or viral (plantars warts)... or a big nasty spur that you never thought you had!

I bet you are sorry you asked now?

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.

Last edited by mrsD; 04-07-2008 at 04:26 PM.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote