View Single Post
Old 10-14-2006, 08:37 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

DO NOT call your dog BJ!!!

Can you imagine being out in the park calling 'Beeeee Jaaaaaay! Beeeee Jaaaaaay!' (I don't personally mind it but there are some very rude people out there and kids... esp. 12 and up can be pretty rude to other 12 yr olds.)

I agree that Nova might be too confusing for the dog.

I like MrsD's thoughts about 'Harry'.

I also would probably go with what Anne said about waiting until the dog has lived with you for a while.

When we rescued our GS. He was about 6. We named him Sar, after the area he was picked up in. Later, we found he would sit, like a king at the top of the stairs and 'survey his kingdom'. Luckily we could just change his name to Czar so it still applied and didn't confuse him.

Our rottie rescue's name was "Rush" as in Mount Rushmore. But after spending a few days with us, we noticed that he just wasn't answering to it. We made a list of about 100 names, deleted the ones that each of us hated and ended up with three. We ended up not being able to decide and so called the dog by all three names... and he answered to George, so that was it.

It really seems like both names were out of our hands.

So, I didn't vote, but it was fun talking about it and telling the stories of our dog-naming-events.
01/02/2002 Even Small Amounts of Gluten Cause Relapse in Children With Celiac Disease (Docguide.com) 12/20/2002 The symptomatic and histologic response to a gf diet with borderline enteropathy (Docguide.com)

Last edited by KimS; 10-14-2006 at 08:39 AM. Reason: sp
KimS is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote