View Single Post
Old 04-07-2008, 06:44 PM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

Glenn:

I already did ask that question (I won't mention which doctor but it wasn't Dr. Fred).

I asked the Doctor, "what do you think about Methyl B-12", and his exact response (and he gave a grunt), was:

"Ugh, I WOULD NEVER TELL A PATIENT TO TAKE ANY B-12 UNLESS THEY WERE ANEMIC"

I said 'but it is supposed to have a positive effect on people with Diabetic Neuropathy", whereupon he grunted again and said "I don't believe it, I was never taught this in medical school, they never mentioned it would help neuropathy, and it's only prescribed for people with severe anemia".

He was so adamant I never brought up the subject again. NEVER!!!!

The only doctor (a neurologist) who LISTENED to what I said about Methyl B-12, (and sorry, don't remember her name), was a neurologist who was heading up a neuropathy department in one of the hospitals in NYC I believe.

She was the guest speaker at one of the Neuropathy support group meetings that were held in the CBS building. This was last year.

She was introduced and she said "we are just learning about how to treat neuropathy and I'm here to answer all your questions and to listen to you".

I then raised my hand and I politely said: "If I tell you that taking large doses of Methylcobalimin has successfully treated the burning in my feet due to diabetic neuropathy, are you going to pooh pooh me and say "Ah, I don't believe that one bit". ?????

And she replied very nicely. "Absolutely not, I would never be so arrogant as to not listen to you, and learn something new, THAT'S WHY I'M HERE TONIGHT.

So I explained to her what I had learned from this board, I explained that I had started with the 1000 and within 2 weeks knew I would be taking the 5000 and the results, in my book, (and only affecting me at this point), were nothing short of a miracle.

Now I still have some burning, but something triggers it, whether it's the crazy weather, or my son calls us up. That does it for me.

But usually (and this is how I judge me having a GOOD PN DAY)....when I don't notice my feet doing their thing, and I'm cleaning my house, going shopping, or just watching tv, and I don't even think about my feet, that means they are not burning.

I don't get the pins and needles or buzzing. That was in the beginning and that was ONLY WHEN THE PODIATRIST USED THAT VIBRATING THING ON MY FEET.

I never had one single symptom up until that office visit and then BOOM!!! it all started.

I once asked him about that and he said

No, it wasn't me, you have neuropathy, and it's good that you have pain, pain is good"

AHA!!!! really??? pain is good?? Try telling that remark to the hundreds of people who are going out of their mind with PN pain on a daily basis.

I will never understand why that particular doctor (who shall remain nameless) said: "UGH, B-12, I WOULD NEVER, blah blah.

I wonder why??

And he was adamant. I couldn't change this guy's mind for all the tea in China.

I wouldn't even try.

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote