View Single Post
Old 04-07-2008, 08:37 PM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

A picture of the front of the house. Also, should I cut off the left section of the Arborvitae tree? It really does look lopsided.

The big bush in the front is a serviceberry shrub. DH hates it, but it gets white flowers in the spring, then red berries that the birds love. The Robins make a hilarious display of yanking them off the branches.

It leafs out for the summer, then turns bright orange in the fall, and it has smooth graceful wood branches. I know this isn't evident from the distance. Behind that in the corner next to the porch is my poor, abused Burning Bush that the bunnies munched on in the winter.

So, there would be a rather shady spot behind the serviceberry that would only get a few hours, then next to the Arborvitae, a sunnier spot.

The reason I wouldn't want them to be TOO tall is because I don't want the windows to be blocked.

Idea: Would it be practical to try to move the Serviceberry to the backyard? I might have more options in that case.

I have blue rug junipers growing in front of and on both sides of the serviceberry. They provide a home for my toads when I have the birdbath set up on that cement base.

My flower garden is way to the right out of the picture range.
Attached Thumbnails
Gardening Tips and Tricks!-front-house-jpg  

Turn Left at the next election.

RRMS DX 01/28/03 Started Copaxone again on 12/09/09
ewizabeth is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote