View Single Post
Old 04-07-2008, 09:36 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryCAngelLady View Post
I have had Parkinsons for about 4 years and my symptoms are considered to be mild, I think, at this point. I have noticed that a lot of times recently, I wake up and I am biting down really hard. I have some caps in the front and they actually seem sore. I don't know if I am grinding my teeth or not. Has anyone else had this problem? I have also awakened myself with my arms being up in the air. Is this a symptom also? And my last question is within the last few days, I have felt really off balance and shaky. Is the past, my symptons gradually got worse. However, this last weekend, suddenly I was off balance and my hands were shaking and today it seems to be worse. Is this the way this works?
Hi MaryCAngelLady,

Interesting that you have the teeth grinding and clenching issue. I used to do that until I was on Sinemet. Now I now longer do that, but this is after I've broken all my molars and chipped my front teeth.

You should talk to your neurologist about your balance and tremors because you might be in for a medication change. This is part of the 'game' if you want to call it that. The condition gets worse over time, and you constantly need an ever increasing amount of medication to reach that magic balance. I've had the symptoms for about 4 or 5 years, but only recently back in November 2007 that my current neurologist finally put a name to the problems.

John
jcitron is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote