View Single Post
Old 04-07-2008, 10:12 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Bruxism..

as teeth grinding/ clenching is called, can be helped by taking a sinemet CR at night. It is often a trade off between teeth grinding and nightmares, but if you use a muscle relaxant sleep aid along with it, you can often notice a real improvement in symptoms. I have always been a grinder, even before a PD dx. Lately if i forget all the ingredients in my nighttime "cocktail", I wake up with pain and bleeding from my tongue being between my teeth getting bitten upon. I didn't take well to nighttime "retainers", i just can't stand the feel of anything in my mouth at night. Go to a dentist, if grinding is happening, it will be obvious to them, and a good dentist will recommend the cheap products instead of the expensive "made for you" variety that are usually totally unnecessary. The sports industry has developed a product that forms to your teeth under pressure and is disposable as it gets older. Under mediation is suspect in your case because you have noticed increasing daytime PD symptoms
ol'cs is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote