View Single Post
Old 04-08-2008, 05:48 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default What a nightmare....

Hi,

I will make my suggestion quick because I am sure you just want answers. I do agree strongly with one of the other posters, Fabian Bitan, MD Lenox Hill Hosp, NYC I believe around 77rd near Lexington Ave, I here he is fantastic extremely well trained, great results I will post the site. I am a fan of the Hospital for Special Surgery but be carefull who you go to. I had a great result from working with HSS doctors, but it was not my spine.
www.lenoxhillhospital.org = Lenox Hill Hospital
www.hss.edu = Hospital for Special Surgery

Good Luck

Ann

Quote:
Originally Posted by rangerkeim View Post
Hows it going everybody. First off let me tell you about whats going on with me. I am currently in the US Army and I have 3herniated discs and 1 reptured disc. After 9months of PT and pain management my surgeon finially talked me into getting a laminectomy on my l-4 l-5 l5-s1 region. Everything went ok for about 8days then everything went wrong. I had a late CFS leak as my surgeon called it. I was leaking spinal fluid out of my ears the day of the surgery and he told me nothing was wrong its normal. Well 8 days later I have a major leak, and i mean major. Evidentatly from what he told me a piece of bone was left behind and some how managed to "cut" my spinal cord inside my back needless to say I was having horrible migrains and was having to change the bandage every 10min because it was soaking through. Finially after my surgeon decided I was telling the truth about how serious it was he asked me to come into his office. When he took off the bandage his face turned white and he mumbled under his breath....wow... I was then rushed to the hospital and had emergency surgery that same day within 3hours of seeing him actually. He repaired my spinal cord and now my pain is back in my leg and my back. I tell him about it repeatedly(its been 2months since the last surgery) but he kinda just blows it off and says PT will make it better. Its not basically what im wondering is what do I do from here? Ive had to walk with a cane for the last 7months because my leg and foot is numb on my left side and I fall alot. My numbness was gone for those 8days before my 2nd surgery. Im just wondering if anyone knows what I can do to make this pain stop and basically to get my doctor to admit to me something went wrong. Im tired of hearing it will get better by physical therapy. Its not working. Please feel free to comment on what you would do if in this situation im just lost and dont know what or where to do or go next. Please help. Thanks, Spc. Ross Keim p.s. Im only 19years old.
AnnBon is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote