View Single Post
Old 04-08-2008, 08:08 AM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

To Paul:

Thanks for your most informative post on B-12.

I'm not asking for any more tests on my B-12 levels because I really don't think my insurance would authorize any special B-12 tests (especially to the Mayo).

Since we know that I have diabetic neuropathy, and since we know that one week after I began the Methyl B-12, the burning stopped!!!!. Well, to me, it's a no brainer that the B-12 helped my nerves.

So I'm doing what Mrs. D suggested (I was going to do this anyway).

Today I didn't take a pill.

Tomorrow I will.

But one thing puzzles me. About a month ago, I had gotten a cheaper version of the B-12 pill and took 3000 (with C and other stuff in it).

It really didn't do a thing for my burning (now I hope this is not ALL IN MY HEAD HERE).

But when that bottle ran out and I went immediately back to the Jarrow 5000, well my feet were fine.

So is it because I took the 3000 pill or was it because it was not Jarrow's??

I'm due for a new bottle soon.

I'm going to get the 3000 of the JARROW and we'll see what happens.

I may be one of the rare people who need to take 5000 every day to keep my feet from burning. Who the heck knows.

It's all trial and error from here on.

The Methyl B-12 did absolutely nothing for Alan, but then again, he has CIDP and not diabetic neuropathy.

I really can't thank you guys enough for the information you provide on these boards.

Many people might not apply what they read but I most certainly do.

AND MY SUGAR WAS 112 this morning.

I just didn't eat the Quinoa. I went back to not eating after 7 p.m. Not that I actually ate anything. Last week I had some fruit at 8 p.m with Alan while we watched American Idol.

His nurse told me "you are diabetic, you have to eat every night". Now saying this to a formerly obese person who used to munch all night long, is like telling an alcoholic "you have to have a glass of scotch at 8 p.m.".

The nurse said "diabetics usually dip at 4 a.m." I said "I don't dip" and she said "everybody dips".

So I began to have a small orange at 8 p.m. or some piece of cantelope.

Did I need to do this? No!! I got used to not eating after dinner and have been doing this for 2 years. It's nothing to me. Don't miss it. I reconditioned my brain not to put anything in my mouth after 7 p.m.

So as a result of doing the orange or fruit thing, (and adding Quinoa) as a side dish, well my morning sugar was 145, 157, etc.

Didn't like this. At my last visit to Cornell, I told them what Alan's nurse had said and they said "why are you listening to anyone else, you know your body, you were doing just fine, don't eat after dinner, in your case, you don't have the dips".

So (and I allowed myself some raspberries at 7 p.m.) last night. But no Quinoa. And I had fish for lunch and small piece of fish for dinner with some mushrooms and a salad. Nothing after 7 .m.

Felt fine. woke up and it was 112.

So to me, that means, I can't eat the Quinoa (which I really liked but what the heck),

So I'm learning what foods to incorporate during the day.

I could lose another 30 lbs (pound wise, not looks wise), and if I do, well I do.

But when a person used to weigh 300 lbs for most of their life, well this is a bonus.

Anything I can do to slow down the progression of this neuropathy, well I'll do it. And if it takes less food, well, it will take less food.

And my glorius Methyl B-12. lol

Thanks much.

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote