View Single Post
Old 04-08-2008, 06:12 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi Sally,

I don't know if you have ever tried prolotherapy before? Ihave been getting my SI's prolo'd for about a year now and I do see improvement. Would be happy to talk to you about it if you drop me a line.

LCC78

Quote:
Originally Posted by SallyE5756 View Post
Hi, I am new here and have read a bit of peoples experiences with SI joint dysfunction.

I underwent a left SI joint fusion with bilateral pelvic fusion in July of 2006. I have done OK not great but had a minor fall in October and have done terribly since. I uderwent a MRI and a CT scan where my orthopedist said fusion looked solid, screws ok, etc. Nothing else could be done and sent me to a pain guy who also said he had no solutions other than long acting narcotics.

I have been on the longacting narcotics for a few months and haven't felt really great with them. My family doctor sent me for a second opinion to a young, new orthopedist. I gathered all my films, records, etc.

Within a few minutes after looking at my CT scan, he noticed that the screws appeared loose (haloing) and the fusion did not appear intact. He showed me this and spent a good 2 hours going over this with me.

How could the radiologists and my other orhtopod have missed this? The new doc is not in any rush to do any surgery but is going to have a couple of other doctors review my records. He feels I should probably go ahead and have the screws removed and go from there slowly.

HelP?? Anybody else have this happen? Can anyone explain why the different interpretations of my films. I shure could use some advice or know where to go for it as well.
lcc78 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote