View Single Post
Old 04-08-2008, 06:20 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Default implant in heart

Hi Dave,

I assume that you told the oral surgeon about your recent heart surgery and the implantation of a valve or stent?? Sometimes people who have had certain surgical procedures involving the heart or other major organ are prescribed an antibiotic prior to dental surgery.

If you are prescribed an antibiotic, then it is a good idea to supplement with a probiotic which will help to replenish the good bacteria in the gut that the antibiotic kills off. One that we suggest in our office is called Culturelle. It can be bought online a their site or in a large drug store. It should not be taken at the same time as the antibiotic but rather one hour before or after. Generally you would take one or two capsules a day while on the antibiotic and then one per day for about a month or longer afterwards. For optimal health, many integrative physicians suggest a daily dosage of a probiotic for life!

Let us know how things go!

Bryanna

QUOTE=dllfo;253998]Thanks again, keeping my mouth clean is not a problem. I typically brush my teeth about 3 times a day and floss as high as 4 or 5, depending on whether I just ate an apple or a sandwich, etc. It will be hard not to flush the bottom teeth when I am eating.

I will take my wife with me when I go. She is the designated driver, although I figure I could drive home later in the day. Her memory is much better than mine. As I like to say, "She provides adult supervision".

She watches ER and things like that and I won't watch them give a shot on TV. When I had the implant put in my heart last summer I told the surgeon I really didn't want to know the procedure. Please knock me out and wake me up afterward. He smiled and did just that. Same with this procedure.[/QUOTE]
Bryanna is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote