View Single Post
Old 04-08-2008, 06:21 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

WELL!!! I am home, but closing up the college loop holes for DD for the Fall semester. What a headache that is!!

So, They called me back and said "Yup, passed the UA" but still waiting on my "Background Check" (Oh for heavens sake LOL!). I've never been arrested so I'm not worried. So I told HR I'd call after my doc appt tommorrow and come finish up the paper work then. I guess I'll be working with UPSTANDING and DRUG FREE citizens (The construction business? WOW! LOL!)

VONN: Here's a cut/paste from another thread I explained the job:

This is the "Scale House Operator" job. I'll be weighing the 'boys in their trucks" as they get loads of sand and gravel. New experience for me, but not that different from fast food LOL.

They will pull up to my window, get weighed without the load,then drive in and load their truck, stop at my other window on the way out, get weighed again, and I'll give them a slip for the 'weight of the sand or gravel' they just bought. I like working in construction so this should be a fun job for the summer. It will end in Sept/October, then I can hang out for the winter again and do school full time.

UPDATE: I was chatting with the lady who works all year there, alone in the winter, and she was reading magazines....said THIS is what she does when it's boring and slow....LOL...so I'll have my moments of not working tooooo hard for my pay. Mostly the long hours is going to be the hard part (usually 10 a day)

PS VONN: DH is doing his drawings for a house he wants to build in Arizona...and of course it has an office for my MT work one day. He also has it planned to have farm animals. He's so cute. I told him that he has to do all that while I transcribe (taking care of farm animals). He said he was going to lock me in the house to make sure I am working and paying the bills LOL!! HE will be drawing his retirement pay which will be quite handsome from his 30 years in the IBEW/Union.

Wisdom to the soul is what health is to the body
sugarboo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
weegot5kiz (04-11-2008)