View Single Post
Old 04-08-2008, 07:02 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

BTW, bladder and bowel troubles, as well as numbness from the torso to the feet, are common in this type of attack. It doesn't necessarily indicate infection, but you always want to check that first.

***Please do not leave the potential for infection untreated though; with fever reducers and any other meds needed to treat it. Spinal lesions do not like increased body temp, in my experience.***

How did it go at the doc's today?

The hug might last for most of 4 - 6 weeks, then start to subside over the next 4 - 6 weeks. It really depends on how severe the attack pans out to be, i.e. which parts below the torso are ultimately affected. It has never happened to me that I (only) get it in the torso, it usually spreads up or down (or both) from where-ever it starts. Hopefully that won't be the case for you though . . .

These attacks just don't resolve as quickly as "normal" attacks . . . (just so that you don't get scared if things continue to escalate over the next few weeks). The good news is that the hug is probably as bad as it is going to get.

Cherie
"Thanks for this!" says:
tkrik (04-08-2008)