View Single Post
Old 10-14-2006, 12:58 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Hi lois, Gabe

I'm not sure about prednisone either

I was given this when my back became so inflamed that I had to be hospitilized, I can't take anti inflamitorys, so the dr gave me 25 mgs of pred for 2 days. This really helped immensly.

The dr I had back then said that it was ok to take it for short term. The amount perscribed is what a person with asthma or bronchitis would take. Say if they got a viruse or something.

Today I took the 25mgs, and I think tommorrow I will only take 10 and then 10. I am feeling better, but really am concerned about not having a dr who really knows anything. My biggest concern is crashing again, when the pred wears off.

I guess I'll cross that bridge when I get there. What do you guys do when your crashing? What are the normal meds given, other then mestinon?

Thanks again, Patricia

lois, my husband just had to take that dexamethason for a adrenal test. They were looking for cushing syndrom. I can see this having a bad reaction for someone with MG, espeacialy because its directed at the adrenal gland to surpress ACHT. I think that any one with energy problems doesn't need to have there addrenals screwed with. Why did they give that to you?
turner is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote