View Single Post
Old 04-08-2008, 07:26 PM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

Cherie - they do take a while to go away. The last time it was this bad was about a year ago. The only thing I have below my hips is increased spasticity and sensitivity to touch. I am taking that as a good thing.

The uro appointment for today was to get some baseline studies done. I had made the appt several weeks ago. It just happens to be while I am in a flare. I definitely have a neurogenic bladder (and bowel) and they are going to do the CMG tomorrow, kidney ultrasound on Thursday, and a cystoscopy on the 29th. They will also send the urine sample over for a culture to make sure I don't have an infection. (I don't think I do as I don't have symptoms of that)

Barb - Like you, this was one of my presenting symptoms several years ago. It took 3 years for them to diagnose me with MS (although my PCP suspected it right along). I have to say as the years go by the discomfort is almost constant. (Thank God for Neurontin.) The funny thing though is that I forget what it feels like when it is really bad. Kind of like childbirth. You forget the pain.

Frank - I hope you get though yours quickly as well. The neuro actually did mark it and it follows right along the lines of about T5 through T7 curving down just like the nerves. (Cherie, I think it was you that posted that picture wasn't it?) Hang in there cyber-flare-brother.
tkrik is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
barb02 (04-08-2008), weegot5kiz (04-08-2008)