View Single Post
Old 04-08-2008, 09:02 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default New member intro and reply

I have lived with the midback, shoulder and upper abdominal pain for almost 8 years now and my doctor telling me nothing was wrong with my back. Also have low back, hip and leg pain with numbness across the low back and in both feet. I was referred to a gastrointerologist and had both endoscopy and colonoscopy. Mild gastritis and small polyp removed. Still had the pain and was referred to a different gastro. This doctor had encountered a few cases like mine and sent me for an MRI. Found disc protrusions in T7 thru T11 with some impingement at T8-9 and protrusions at L3-4 and L4-S1 with no impingement. I have no T5. Also in second round of MRI 3 months later found L3-4 central and right sided disc protrusion with some encroachment against the spinal sac and some facet joint degenerative changes and hypertrophy of the ligamentum flavum. Central subligamentous L4-S1 disc herniation with impingement against the spinal sac and slight left neural foraminal narrowing and minor facet joint degenrative changes. You could ask your doc to look into your thoracic spine and cervical spine as well. My abdominal pain (at times so bad I couldn't move from a fetal position) has been determined to be caused by my thoracic back. Hope this helps you out some.
Lady Vee is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote